How do you go about selecting a bathroom remodeler? Before you start looking, it’s a good idea to ask yourself some questions first. How much do you want to spend? What features are essential? What features have you have you always wanted? D you have a certain style preference?
Once you’ve answered those questions, you can begin your search for a bathroom remodeler. Word of mouth referrals from friends, family or co-workers is often the best way to start looking. Here’s what you want to know:
- Did your contractor complete the work on time and on budget – and if not, why not?
- Were you informed promptly of additional costs as they came up?
- How did the contractor handle problems or delays?
- What was the contractor’s crew like? Were they respectful? Did they clean up after themselves each day?
You can also check with local trade associations or referral services. Then try to narrow down possible contractor to three and and arrange to meet with each one in person. Be sure to ask for references of recent jobs and then follow up with the customers.
As you go through bids, look for:
- Written scope of work
- Materials list
- Timeframe for the project, with start and end dates
- A clear price
Don’t choose on price alone – make sure you are comfortable with the contractor and that you have been communicating well throughout the selection process. Look at the details of the bid and make sure you have a good understanding of what your responsibilities are as a homeowner.
Look for companies like USI Remodeling Company who offer extensive experience in remodeling and construction, as well as bathroom design.