Challenged with planning a major renovation that would encompass almost the entire first floor of their 5,800 square-foot home was a daunting thought for these owners. Their first task was to find the right partner.
A successful meeting:
Our client-friendly systems, smoothly managed projects, and history of meeting target timelines were important confidence builders in their search for a remodeling company; furthermore, they liked our extensive experience with major renovations. One example of this are the partners USI has for moving and storing household items. This storage solution clears the way for crews to work more efficiently without risking damage to the owner’s property. The final requirements for the owners were an ability to do a completely new floor plan, provide the design, and move quickly and seamlessly into construction.
The results of our efforts are captured in the project images and these provide the best narrative about the partnership’s success. Multiple interior and exterior walls were moved as well as a fireplace. The new walls are situated for far better use of space. Chief among the results was enlarging the floor area of the family/great room. We also removed exterior doors and halls as well as moved plumbing to enable more practical traffic flows. USI’s design team provided the architectural drawings, engineered drawings, design selections, and project management.
- Remodeled guest bedroom, guest bathroom, powder bath, family room, kitchen, utility room, wet bar, office, formal living, connecting hall, entry, home gym, stairs and upstairs hallways.
- Gutted the kitchen, family room, powder bath and wet bar.
- Installed new plumbing locations and fixtures.
- Installed rock walls in the kitchen and family room.
- Installed new custom beam ceiling treatments.
- Installed several thousand square feet of hardwood flooring.
- Painted complete interior, excluding garage area.
- Installed new fireplace.