How to Make Your Home Comfortable and Homey
The saying goes that home is where the heart is. But what makes a home feel comfortable, warm and cozy? Add these homey touches without breaking the bank. Just a few upgrades and additions…and your home will feel like the place you truly love to be.
- Add fuzzy fur. Maybe as a rug under your feet, a textured pillow or heavenly blanket.
- Pick up an electric fireplace from Home Depot to warm up the room
- Curtains, rather than blinds, increase the feeling you are in a warm space.
- Instead of one large piece of artwork, display a group of family photos on one of your walls.
- Add a soft throw on a comfy chair so you can curl up and read.
- Paint bedroom walls a serene navy, charcoal or chocolate. Bring in a few white Ikea pieces of furniture so the room isn’t too dark.
- Opt for warm colors throughout your home to increase the cozy factor. Every color can have cool or warm undertones.
- Have various light sources in your living space. Table lamps help big rooms have a sense of scale. A group of white candles work, too.
- Surround yourself with prized possessions. A collection of seashells from your trips to the coast or your aunt’s vintage tea kettles.
Bring natural elements indoors. Incorporate a water element, decorate with palm fronds in a vase, or nurture a healthy plant